- Completed the Global ACE Certification Application Form
- Paid the Certification Fee in full
- Passed the Global ACE Examination
- Signed Global ACE code of ethics
Below are the steps to earn Global ACE Certification:
Certified Digital Forensics First Responder
CDFFR: Certified Digital Forensics First Responder
The CDFFR certification is for personnel whose job duties involve the following tasks:
|Certification Attempt Retakes||299|
The certification fees are inclusive of examination and issuance of certificate to passed individual candidates. The certification fees are non-transferable and non-refundable once your examination access has been granted. Global ACE certification program does not permit the resale or transfer of any certification application/registration and is tied to one and only one individual account. CyberSecurity Malaysia reserves the right to change pricing at any time without notice.
Please click the following link for Examination Schedule https://cybereducationscheme.org/web/guest/certified-examination.
All Global ACE examinations are delivered through proctored test centre below:
Level G, Tower 1, Menara Cyber Axis,
Jalan IMPACT, 63000 Cyberjaya,
Maintenance of Certification
Global ACE credentials are maintained by either taking the current version of the certification exam or maintaining Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
The CPD policy requires the attainment of CPD hours over an annual and three-year certification period. Global ACE Certification holders must comply with the following requirements to retain certification:
- Attain and report an annual minimum of twenty (20) CPE hours. These hours must be related to the relevant knowledge or skill to perform each certification-related tasks.
- Submit annual Global ACE membership fees in full.
- Respond and submit required documentation of CPD activities if selected for the annual audit.
- Comply with Global ACE Code of Ethics.
Please click the following link for Global ACE maintenance of certification https://cybereducationscheme.org/web/guest/contitnuing-professional-development-module-cpd-1.
Failure to comply with these certification requirements will result in the revocation of your Global ACE certificate and designation. As all certificates are owned by Global ACE, if revoked, the certificate must be destroyed immediately.
Code of Ethics
Global ACE sets forth this Code of Ethics to guide the professional and personal conduct of its members and/or certification holders.
Members and Global ACE certification holders shall:
- Act at all times in accordance with existing laws, Global ACE values and exercising highest moral principles.
- Do not engage in unethical or unlawful acts that negatively affect the community, professional reputation or the information security discipline.
- Act with fairness and justice to all parties and refrain from activities that would constitute a conflict of interest or damage the reputation or detrimental to the information security profession or Global ACE Scheme Malaysia Chapter.
- Act in best interest of stakeholders consistent with public interest.
- Protect and maintain appropriate level of confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information in any course of professional activities.
- Respect the confidentiality of the information acquired during the course of their duties.
- Do not use or disclose, share, disseminate or distribute any confidential or proprietary information without proper and specific authority or unless there is a legal professional requirement to do so.
- Avoid misusing any confidential information for personal gain.
- Treat all information received from a client or employer as confidential unless such information is in the public domain.
- Take appropriate steps to minimise or mitigate potential risks, including recommending the engagement of another professional if need arises.
- Conduct the service with fairness, courtesy and good faith towards clients, colleagues and others, give credit where it is due and accept, as well as give, honest and fair professional comments.
- Exercise independent professional judgement, in order to provide unbiased analysis and advice.
- Exercise restraint when commenting upon the work of other members.
- Do not maliciously injure the character or the prospects of business of another member or individual, being as careful with a colleague’s reputation as with their own.
- Do not engage in any crimes or improper practices. e. Do not engage in any crimes such as bribery, identity theft, forgery, fraud, financial crime such as credit card fraud or double billing or any other improper practices.f. Reveal the conflict or any possible crimes without delay to the clients or employers, including interests (direct or indirect) held by close associates, relatives or companions.
- Perform all professional activities and duties in accordance with the highest ethical principles.
- Be responsible to safeguard the credibility and trustworthiness in rendering services.
- Render only those services for which they are fully competent and qualified.
- Do not engage or be a part of any malicious activities that may harm others.
- Conduct services in the most ethical manner without prejudice.
- Avoid professional association with those whose practices or reputation might diminish the profession.
- Refrain any activities that can damage the reputation and profession of yourself or the practice of colleagues, clients and employer.
- Report ethical violations to the appropriate governing body if needs arise.
- Provide service with competence, honesty, and forthrightness about limitations, experience and education.
- Provide a guideline to those involved in the industry and maintain uniform ethical standards and uphold the trust and welfare at all times.
- Be aware of the exact nature and scope of professional activity and does not go beyond professional specificity.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to ongoing professional development and capacity building.
Failure to comply with this Code of Ethics can result in an investigation into a member's or certification holder's conduct and, ultimately, in disciplinary measures.
Appeals & Complaints
An appeal is a request for reconsideration of a decision regarding certification status, such as: rejection of certification application (due to application does not meet the certification requirements or any information provided during application are false) or revocation of certification (due to noncompliance of certification renewal policy or violation of any of the rules and regulations governing the certification).
- What decision is being appealed
- Detailed explanation of the appeal stating the specific grounds of appeal
- Relevant documented evidence; such as CPD documentation for the cycle period since revocation to current year
All appeals will be reviewed and investigated for final resolution. The outcome of the appeal will be sent to the appellant via email within 30 business days of receipt of appeal and will specify the outcome of the appeal, the reasons for such outcome, and the specific relief granted, if any. Appeal decision is final.
Information Security Certification Body (ISCB) of CyberSecurity Malaysia will consider any expression of dissatisfaction in relation to the certification process, ethical conduct of certification holders or examination administration (including examination facility conditions or content of the examination).
- Complainant Details (name, exam ID number, test site, test date)
- Complaint Type (application, exam content, exam scope, exam quality, exam experience).
- Description of Complaint with as much supporting documentation and references as possible.
All valid complaints which are submitted in accordance with these procedures shall be investigated and the outcome of that investigation, including any suggested corrective actions, shall be communicated in writing to the complainant. ISCB handles complaints in a confidential manner as related to the complainant and the subject of the complaint, which is consistent with our privacy and ethics policies.
Address: CyberSecurity Malaysia, Level 7 Tower 1, Menara Cyber Axis, Jalan Impact, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.